Monday, January 7, 2008

"Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got."

Yes, we've got stories, but we need to share them. It's the only way to preserve family history for members of each new generation. Why don't we know the story of our ancestor's emigration to America? Perhaps because there were no photos back then, the men and women who came after had no reference point to ask their parents "who?" and "why?" Luckily, we have a treasure of photos that Florence Harden saved and passed down to us. We're attempting to organize them, so we can tell the story in a coherent way. So if you have any photos, of your parents' wedding, your wedding, or interesting photos on the farm, or Christmas at Great-Grandma and Grandpa's house, etc., please scan it as big as you can and send it to me. Or you can send it to me to scan and I'll bring them with me to the reunion (or mail them back if you prefer.) I'll do my best to use it, in what promises to be a large family project.

No comments: