Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lexington Farmhouse


Here's an early photo of the farmhouse built by Charles E. Harden in Lexington in 1908, the reason for the upcoming centennial celebration. There was no year on the photo, but I think it was taken earlier than a 1963 photo of the house I also received, courtesy of Willis Harden. Uncle Willis gave my mom a bunch of neat photos of the farm in the early days, mostly 50s an 60s. I hope others will send us some photos. I have some from Mike and Gayle Harden, Willis and my mother. Any others will be welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing comments

Anonymous said...

Now testing with Firefox...

jen

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading all this. Looking forward to the new postings. Did you know Agnes and Charlie Harden set up housekeeping in a "soddy"? She complained about the dirt sifting down on everything. Can you imagine the bugs? Maureen Harden Herd

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Maureen! I should really add that to the story. But I thought Nathan had built a house on his land. Perhaps he had already moved away by that time? I will have to check with the story...